Sunday 6 January 2013

Smelly Gloves

After a morning at work where I went above and beyond and was actually busy, I had some odd back twinges. Running often makes my back sore and in recent months I have neglected core work.

Much ooh-ing and loud aahhh-ing occurred when I got home, and got out the car. My plan had been to cycle 20 miles off road, but it was raining, and I had the school ironing to do, the house to clean, and the beds to change. However, after all that, and managing to peel some veg, I thought 'Sod it' and went out for 12.4 miles ( a nice round 20k). I got completely covered in mud and it was dark when I got home, but I averaged 10.5 miles per hour, and felt better for going. I needed to get back on my bike as my car played up on the way to work this morning. The temperature is dancing about. Curses. I have to be bike fit, I may well need it soon.

Although, my bike gloves stank. It was as if someone sneaked in to the shed/container thing and secretly vomited in them over Christmas. I gave them a wash, but they still smell weird. I have a nasty suspicion a mouse may have peed in them, too.
They are cheap ones. I want some Sealskinz. I need some more work (ie. people to die) and I'll get myself some for my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment