Friday 11 January 2013

Running Up And Down Hills Like A Boss!

Yeah, the title pretty much says it all.

I have a half-mile hill near me that gets steeper as it goes up, so ran up and down that three times. On the way down the first time I reached just over 8 min miles. Ok, so I was running downhill, but it was still nice to feel how it would be to properly running! My new trainers were very comfy, although I was scared to get them muddy and there were some big splats on the road from a passing tractor, which I found myself dodging like a total girl.

I will do between three and four runs a week, and one will be hill reps/interval session of some sort. Another will be a long run that increases each week and the others somewhere inbetween. I also need to start getting my cycling distances up, and so will, regardless of work commutes, get one long bike in a week which I will steadily increase.

Tomorrow I will be going for a 7 mile steady run, still aiming for the 10.30 min miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment