Tuesday 1 January 2013

I can taste EVERYTHING!

I made a curry for dinner and it tasted really, really salty (although I didn't put any in, just a little stock). I think my taste buds are changing, becoming more sensitive.

I went for a 2 mile run first thing, to blow the cobwebs away. I aimed for between 10.30 and 10.45 min miles, and it came out at 10.37, so not bad, really. I'm building up again, and want to do really, really well at this half marathon in March. I wasn't prepared for the last one. I ended up limping the last couple of miles and it took a horrific 2 hours 43 minutes. I would like to be a good 30 minutes quicker, and to not come out of it injured. I need to practice running on concrete, and I think I'll buy some decent trainers.

Still not eating junk, but not really craving it, either.
I'm going to try some baking with rice flour, using agave to sweeten as well as dried fruit.
I will be very careful for the whole of January when it comes to processed food, and I will make sure I have juices and green stuff everyday. I'm hoping it will be enough to break some habits.

We went for a walk along the beach with the other Lucy and Charlotte today. Lucy shares my enthusiasm for all things kooky and healthy, as opposed to most people I know who sneer at drinking green juices and such.




And I'm swearing off men for the six weeks up until my birthday. I want to be make some big improvements regarding my fitness and weight, and dating is a distraction. By my birthday I should have re-established good habits, and they won't be so easily broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment