Tuesday 22 January 2013

Bright And Early!

I went swimming first thing. The weather was not pleasant -



I had to go to work in the middle of nowhere, and the roads were very horrible drifts everywhere, so I didn't swim for a very long time. I did half a mile in about 20 seconds faster than my other first halves (they are always slower, as I'm not in the groove yet). I was thinking about how, as the same with running, I need to swim faster, to get faster. So then I did 2x50m swimming as hard and as well as I could.
I'm going to get a swim in tomorrow as well, so will do a few lengths to warm up, time myself for half a mile, then, do intervals to make up the other half. Just constantly bashing out a mile is going to plateau at some point, I need to work at this in a variety of ways.

When I got home from work I went for a 2 mile run in deep snow. I did a steady half a mile, then ran very fast, until I felt like my lungs were going to burst, then jogged, and a few times, walked. For the first time in ages I felt like I was really out of breath. I usually keep my breathing under control and never really feel pushed, so I'm sure it did me good to push myself to the point of gasping. I will run again tomorrow morning before the swim. I'm hoping the roads will be a bit clearer so I can go on them. I was absolutely done after two miles of varying speeds. That shit's hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment