Monday 31 December 2012

De-tox-ey Symptoms

My plans for today were changed, which I must admit I was happy about, as woke up seriously craving salt and sugar and everything that is bad.
I did consider just staying at home, where there isn't any junk to eat, and concentrating on getting over my cold, but as the shops are shut tomorrow and I have some errands to run, I quickly went to Peterhead, where I was the only person in Asda without a trolley full of booze, then came home, had a bath and lay on my sofa watching Cadfael all day, drifting in and out of sleep. I didn't have any tea at all today, and really missed the caffeine.

I did a veg casserole thing in my slow cooker.
I am not following all the recipes in de-tox book, but there is a list of things you must not eat, (sugar, wheat, meat, dairy, caffeine, etc) and also a list of things you must have everyday (fresh juice, cruciferous veg, nuts and seeds, lots of water, and so on) and I have stuck to that. Unlike other de-toxes that insist on raw, this one does say you can cook soups and things, which is a lot easier to follow.
I made some sage dumplings with rice flour, they were, erm, gluey. But edible.

My new diary came from Paperchase, oh the joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment