Tuesday 6 November 2012

Pulling A Buoy

Today I ordered a pull buoy. I am very much looking forward to it's arrival as I love them, and they have a slightly rude name, but it's not the wisest move as I know it's my legs that are the problem, and I should be more worried about them.

My drills were horrific. It's my legs, man. They're just rubbish.
I thought I was swimming more evenly, but nope, I suck. When I did side kicks, the right was slow but the left was actually stationary. I slowed after the initial push off, and then judging by the markings along the side of the pool, stopped. I kicked really hard and still nothing happened, so before flirty lifeguard thought I was drowning and jumped in, I switched back to the right. I think I must have been bending my knees too much or something. For the next few weeks I am going to be all about the kickboard and pull buoy. It won't be fun, but dammit, I will do this right.
People keep saying with triathlons it's wise to save the legs, but I at least need to be able to use them in the first place, if I then choose not to kick so much, fair enough, but I shouldn't be not using my legs because they are shite.

I can heartily endorse the ZMA. I wake up in the morning feeling like a collie on speed. Yesterday I was awake at 5.30, and it was my day off. It doesn't make me fall asleep earlier, but when I am asleep I stay there, and it's good quality snoozin' time.



No comments:

Post a Comment